Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Design and develop new products.
– Develop test plans for the validation of new products.
– Support suppliers and AET plant during the launch of new products.
– Development of manufacturing processes used to produce solar products.
– Work with Sales and Program Management to understand system requirements.
– Become familiar with components and processes for all AET products.
– Support program team at customer meetings as needed.
– Constantly strive towards creating a productive and efficient work environment.
– Promote teamwork with other members of the AET team.
– Other duties and special projects may be assigned as required.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Mock-up, build and test new concepts.
– Support onsite customer builds.
– Become familiar with the requirements and codes used in the PV industry.
Education and/or Experience- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Experience in product development and a range of productions processes including stamping, extruding and roll forming. Experience in the Solar Industry, specifically with mounting solutions, is preferred
Language Skills- English as primary language. Secondary languages not required.
Mathematical Skills- Must possess strong math skills with the ability to work through spatial challenges using algebra and trigonometry.
Reasoning Ability- Must possess reasoning skills to deal with multiple facets of product design, cost, and manufacturing. A keen ability to proactively look at industry projections and incorporate them into future products and plans is needed.
Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment- Standard office environment, test facilities, manufacturing locations, and job sites.
Thank you for your interest in working at Applied Energy Technologies. If you would like to apply for one of our open positions, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach us at 586-466-5073.